[dmd-beta] Releasing 2.066.1

Steven Schveighoffer via dmd-beta dmd-beta at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 16 04:32:16 PDT 2014

On Oct 15, 2014, at 4:38 PM, Walter Bright via dmd-beta <dmd-beta at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/2014 1:24 PM, Martin Nowak via dmd-beta wrote:
>> On 10/15/2014 08:49 PM, Walter Bright via dmd-beta wrote:
>>>
>>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/lqv16p$1cr0$1@digitalmars.com
>>>

>> Thanks for the link, we left things as they were.
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I was a little confused about just what course of action was proposed.

I am too actually. From your earlier messages, Martin, I thought you said we would add it as a warning? Has that been done for 2.066.1? I didn't see it in my github traffic.

FWIW, I think a warning is sufficient, even if it only lasts a few versions. As long as silent behavior changes do not happen.

Note, this is kind of crappy because in 2.065 I think, we required opCmp for AA keys, in a way that just made people re-implement the default opCmp (not a good requirement). Then we added another error that said "you can't just implement opCmp, dummy!" and so it's like we can't make up our mind. Unfortunately, the two changes were coincidental and not done by the same group, so the apparent flip flopping was not so apparent to us doing the latter changes.

I so cannot wait until AA are fully library-defined with compiler syntax sugar.

-Steve