[dmd-beta] 2.066.1

Marco Leise via dmd-beta dmd-beta at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 16 23:27:59 PDT 2014

Am 17.10.2014, 02:14 Uhr, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu via dmd-beta
<dmd-beta at puremagic.com>:

> I think there should be no need for dmd.conf to build dmd from source.
> -- Andrei

You are right, I should have written while compiling druntime/Phobos it
works either with build-in defaults or the system provided /etc/dmd.conf.
After a refactoring in the dmd make files and my package script I missed
the point, that dmd no longer had a dmd.conf in its source tree to work
with. When I had a feeling it could be using /etc/dmd.conf I deleted that
file, but dmd is unexpectedly resilient nowadays and recovered by using
built-in defaults. Only after adding some bogus flags to /etc/dmd.conf I
realized it was indeed picking up conflicting flags from there.

-- Marco