[dmd-concurrency] What is shared?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 20:01:13 PST 2010

Jason House wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2010, at 7:34 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com> wrote:
>

>> The bugs you mention are serious. Walter, could you please give them
>> priority? Thanks.
>
> Unlike the other two, the general solution to 3640 isn't clear. It may
> be worth a larger discussion. I'm not yet sure what is and what isn't
> on-topic for this mailing list. What are the goals of the decision makers?

Here's my basic thoughts on how to proceed with this list and the general topic
of concurrency:

1) basic high level design of the language
2) implementation within dmd of the language
3) implementation of pieces of phobos

In that order.

Given the rather limited resources available, keeping focus and concentrating on
dealing with the most important parts first will help to get to a usable
implementation fastest.

Later,
Brad