[dmd-concurrency] synchronized, shared, and regular methods inside the same class

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 13:44:15 PST 2010

On Jan 4, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com>
wrote:

> ... subject to the "tail-shared" exemption that I'll discuss at a
> later point.

I wish you'd stop giving teasers like that. It feels like we can't
have a discussion because a) you haven't tried to share your
perspective b) you're too busy to have the conversation anyway

I'm probably way off with my impression...

> By the way - you should be able to call shared methods against a non-
> shared object.

Assuming reduced efficiency is acceptable, there's another issue:
verification of type safety must be dine differently for shared and
non-shared objects. There is no equivalent of const or inout...