[dmd-concurrency] What about optimistic concurrency control?

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 23:55:33 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com>wrote:

> You might want to read about STM here:
>

> http://www.bluebytesoftware.com/blog/Default.aspx#a4cfad7df-ed84-46a4-a961-54aafdaeb9d7
>
> Essentially, it's a technology with too many fundamental problems.

Long read but doesn't explain why certain options got the complete thumbs
down from an early point & not quite what I had in mind anyway. I do agree
with pretty much everyone's need of message passing as a must have. It is
clearly safer than many other alternatives. But I think at times other
options although not better overall could be explored as they may well suit
particular jobs.