[dmd-concurrency] draft 5

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 07:37:52 PST 2010

On page 15 of the chapter: "Read data from the source file in a buffer with error checking" change 'in' to 'into'

Same on page 16: "Read data from the source file in a newly-allocated buffer with error checking"

The bit about doing the setMailboxSize right after calling spawn is a little disconcerting to me, do you think it might be possible spawn a thread in suspended mode (i.e. don't start it right away)?  I think there are probably other reasons you may want to configure the tid or set up some kind of framework before letting the thread start for a more controlled startup procedure.

-Steve