[dmd-concurrency] draft 5

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Jan 19 11:25:54 PST 2010

Le 2010-01-19 à 13:08, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :

> For IPC indeed we need the serialization engine that you are working on, so hurry :o).

I didn't know I was working on a serialization engine.

> I think enums should obey the regime of regular symbols: capitalized for types, camel case for values. All caps is inherited from the C macro days, when you really wanted macros to stand out.

Which is fine if done consistently. I think Phobos will need a small coherency treatment.

> About throwException - good idea.
>
> About OnCrowdingHandler - my initial idea is to just call a function in the caller thread (no delegate, no sharing). I really want to _not_ mention a lot about the unrealized API details at this point because each mentioned API is reducing our freedom.

That's fine. I wasn't proposing replacing the OnCrowding enum you came with, which will be perfectly fine for simple cases, just that it'd be a good idea if the API could support more. This doesn't imply that the book has to explain the complete API.

About the shared delegate concept, I think this deserve more clarification...

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/