[dmd-concurrency] draft 5

Kevin Bealer kevinbealer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 22:32:51 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com>wrote:

> Kevin Bealer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei at erdani.com<mailto:
>> andrei at erdani.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    Apparently I can't convince Brad that I'm not spamming - my
>>    attachments keep on being delayed through moderation because they're
>>    too big.
>>
>>    I uploaded draft 5 here:
>>
>>    www.erdani.com/d/fragment.preview.pdf
>>    <http://www.erdani.com/d/fragment.preview.pdf>
>>

>>    Again: Don't re-read what you've already read, move forward. Feedback
>>    would be appreciated. Sean, Walter, please let me know quickly if you
>>    see any major implementation issues.
>>

>>    Thanks,
>>
>>    Andrei
>>
>>  Other question: setMaxMailboxSize sets the mailbox size on the caller,
>> so...
>>

> On the callee.
>

> Andrei

I'm confused, maybe because I'm used to thinking in terms of 'queues' which
conceptually have two ends and two parties.

So the caller calls setMaxMailboxSize with a callee's Tid.  Then that caller
will not send messages unless the callee's mailbox is smaller than that
amount?

Will all callers obey the limit, or should they each set their own limit?
If the latter, then the design is as I thought.

Kevin