[dmd-concurrency] real

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Fri Jan 29 13:03:32 PST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:51:53 -0500, Benjamin Shropshire
<benjamin at precisionsoftware.us> wrote:
> Robert Jacques wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:07:54 -0500, Benjamin Shropshire
>> <benjamin at precisionsoftware.us> wrote:
>>> What does MPI do?
>>
>> MPI stands for message passing interface. It knows nothing of shared
>> state.
>>
> I was asking if MPI allows passing 80 bit real in messages? IIRC it does
> have ways to pass text from one encoding to another.

Oh, sorry. Actually, to the best of my knowledge MPI doesn't have any
conversion routines, text or otherwise. What it does have is some flags
for the data type: char, int, float, double and complex. It also supports
structs and other data structures, binary blobs, etc. (hmm, it makes me
wonder about float endianess..)