[dmd-internals] changeset 455

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Wed Apr 28 10:42:27 PDT 2010

On 04/28/2010 09:56 AM, Jason House wrote:
> Simply running all tests is necessary but not sufficient. After running
> hundreds of thousands of tests, there needs to be any easy way to figure
> out which tests failed and review their failure.

Yes. This is a huge matter which the change only makes worse.

I had to completely change the unittesting method for Phobos because any
segfault would be virtually impossible to track down.

Walter, failing unittests for any reason must display the file and line
of failure. I'm not sure to what extent segfaulting is detectable, but
we definitely must find good ways to address that too.

Andrei