[dmd-internals] changeset 455

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 11:10:32 PDT 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 12:21 PM, Benjamin Shropshire <benjamin at precisionsoftware.us
 > wrote:

> Jason House wrote:
>> Simply running all tests is necessary but not sufficient. After
>> running hundreds of thousands of tests, there needs to be any easy
>> way to figure out which tests failed and review their failure.

BTW, that should have been hundreds _or_ thousands. I haven't been in
a group with more than 10,000 tests.

> maybe there should be an implicit line added ate the top of all
> unittests:
>
> scope(failure) writefln("unittest at %s:%d failed",
> __FILE__,__LINE__);

I would hope that any implicit mixin would reference an overridable
druntime function. Summarizing failures by pure count or by user-
defined category is very common.

Bonus points for an implicit mixin that permits a variable argument
count and curries unit test arguments to it. The biggest thing I'd
want is a unit test name. An optional category name would be next on
my wish list.