[dmd-internals] changeset 455

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Wed Apr 28 13:30:18 PDT 2010

On 28/04/10 21:23, Walter Bright wrote:
> I agree, although I sympathize with not liking gdb, the solution is not
> to build a debugger into the compiler, it's build a better debugger.

This is something we're making huge leaps and bounds with in the last
week, at least with respect to D. The D patches for gdb have been
approved and are awaiting a commit, so they will be in the next release
of gdb (there is also the possibility that the main author of the
patches will get commit access, which would be great for D :)). This
combined with my recent patches that make debugging with dmd bearable
rather than hitting errors with most applications (read anything that
uses std.stdio), will make the debugging situation with D a lot better!

Of course there's still a long way to go, but it's a great first step :)