[dmd-internals] changeset 455

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:53:53 PDT 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 4:47 PM, Robert Clipsham
<robert at octarineparrot.com> wrote:

> On 28/04/10 21:36, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Yes, and you've been a great help in pushing these things along!
>
> Just doing my bit :) Since I started playing with D2 I've been using
> dmd, and the state of debugging wasn't any way near what I was used
> to... So I fixed it. I figured I may as well push for a couple of
> other debugging things to get sorted while my head was in debugging
> mode :) Of course having played with dmd I now find myself wanting
> to fix more issues ;)

As one who attempted to do quick surgical fixes and failed, I
appreciate your efforts! I'm curious, how long did you spend
researching before you could start making useful changes?

Every time I try peeking under the hood of dmd, I wish there was some
kind of basic overview document. Even a few sentences at the top of a
file indicating its purpose would be a great help. It's probably 10x
better still if I stop acting so lazy and dedicate a few hours to
getting a basic sense of what the code is doing!