[dmd-internals] I think it's time to fix bug 314

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 12 13:20:45 PDT 2010

On 12 August 2010 21:42, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> I haven't looked at that patch, just that the original one only papered over
> the problem without solving it.

This was his comment:
-----------
I've updated the patch. Treating overloads correctly complicated the issue
quite a bit. What I've done is to store the import protection in the
AliasDeclarations and FuncAliasDeclarations generated by selective and renamed
imports. These are then ignored when traversing the overload tree if they are
in a different module than the one initiating the traversal.

I've also made the hiding of private symbols in ScopeDsymbol::search specific
to AliasDeclarations generated by ImportStatement.
----
So you end up with a module and a protection level stored in each
alias declaration.
Is that approach reasonable?