[dmd-internals] Shouldn't there be a dmd switch to specify search paths for libraries?

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 15 14:26:32 PDT 2010

Yes, in NT 3.51, there was a fix to make forward slashes always work:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/133701

Other than that, backslash is only required for UNC paths (i.e.
\\servername\share\path).   But that has nothing to do with relative paths.

IMO, it's not that important that DMD supports universal options across
platforms.  It's more natural for someone on that platform to deal with what
they are used to.  DMD isn't Java.

If it takes a couple version statements or a couple different lines in a
makefile so dmd doesn't have to deal with the various linker option differences,
I think that's fine.

-Steve