[dmd-internals] default dmd target == debdmd?

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:27:13 PDT 2010

On 27 August 2010 17:28, Steve Schveighoffer <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

I do not think we should encourage that. Nobody should really be doing
that unless they are helping debug/test the compiler. If the fixes are
that important, we should be doing a release.

Note that even when developing Phobos, you shouldn't ordinarily be
checking in code which depends on the latest compiler bugfix. Every
time that has happened so far, a compiler beta release has been made.
It's not reasonable to expect everyone working on or testing Phobos,
to build the compiler themselves.