[dmd-internals] default dmd target == debdmd?

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 13:34:42 PDT 2010

----- Original Message ----

I understand this point of view, and I agree.  I won't use the trunk version in
the future.  I still don't think the default should be debug mode, it's very
confusing.  I can envision people building a released version of the source
(i.e. from a downloaded tarball) and expecting it to be a release version
without having to specify different arguments.  How much will this happen?  Not
sure, but why provide the source if you don't want people to compile it...

-Steve