[dmd-internals] bsr errors in 64

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 5 15:02:33 PST 2010

On 12/5/2010 1:04 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

> David Simcha wrote:
>> I'm trying to test out 64 support.  With the latest trunk everything, druntime
>> compiles flawlessly.  Phobos compiles if I make core.stdc.math pure @safe.
>> Hello world compiles, but doesn't link.  The error message is:
>>
>> undefined reference to `_D3std9intrinsic3bsrFNaNbmZi'
>>
>> This error occurs in several places.
>>

> Yeah, Brad's been working on fixing that.

Yeah.. while I've made a great deal of progress, d2 + x86_64 is still very very
infant.  It barely builds and most definitely doesn't execute anything useful
yet.  It's behind Walter's d1 support which also isn't ready to be used by
anyone either. :)

You're welcome to help fix things, but at this point, the runtime isn't even
getting to the point of executing the normal d main routine.

Later,
Brad