[dmd-internals] d2 64 bit update

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 13:03:23 PST 2010

Great work!  See details below:

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:

> 1) druntime's tests changed to be like phobos'.  In other words, one test
> app per .d file.  This makes it so much simpler to dig into what's going
> wrong.  Before anyone takes this as a point of failure of D's unittests, I
> think bootstrapping from totally broken is a very different case from a
> mostly working setup and digging into new issues.

Shouldn't this conversion be automatable?

> 2) implement the asm code in std/math.d.

Failing this, IMHO all math functions that don't already (I'm not sure how
many don't) should have a portable implementation (which could be just
calling C) that meets all requirements (safe, pure, nothrow, etc.).  This
would be "good enough" until someone gets around to writing optimized ASM
versions of the math functions, and would probably make it easier for the
GDC/LDC people to port D to more archs.