[dmd-internals] deprecated("message")

Ellery Newcomer ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu
Thu Jul 8 13:01:27 PDT 2010

> If you've done the legwork, that's great (I'm not familiar with the
> dmd sources so I can't assess the diff). Walter?

Neither am I, for the most part, plus I'm not very familiar with C++.

You might comment on behavior, though. Like weird stuff like

deprecated("yo mama"){
   class X;

   deprecated("she fat") class Y;
}

I don't know what a programmer would expect out of this. ATM, a use of X
would trigger "yo mama", and a use of Y would trigger "yo mama, she fat".

And should this junk be printed to stdout or stderr?