[dmd-internals] 3.5x speedup in building dmd

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Sun Jun 6 14:01:30 PDT 2010

Running

make -f linux.mak

against the original makefile takes 3:27 on my machine. I tried this to
speed up building by running 4 processes at once:

make -f linux.mak -j 4

However, there are errors because the makefile does not establish
dependencies properly.

The attached makefile fixes that problem. With the changed makefile, the
build time falls to 0:52 on my machine - a more than 3.5x speedup.

Walter, could you please check this in? Thanks!

Andrei