[dmd-internals] Most important patches before release of DMD2.047

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 9 01:13:18 PDT 2010

There are a few more critical bugs which should be included in the
next release if possible.

(1) This wrong-code bug is subtle and disastrous. It affects even simple C code.
3398 Attributes inside a union screws data alignment

(2) The new _error type should be a killer feature, but if the simple
cases aren't dealt with, people will scream about it.
Fixing these test cases will totally change the feel of the release.
(This doesn't have a patch, since it's a pile of trivial, repetitive
changes.  But I think the test case is quite useful).
4296 Reduce parasitic error messages

(3) This one is not so critical, but quite embarrassing. It creates
the impression that user-defined operators haven't been tested at all!
4231 Solitary opUnary Postincrement and Postdecrement user defined
operators are broken.

Less critical, but utterly trivial to fix are these missing line number bugs:
3662 Wrong compile error within struct constructor and C-style initializer
4270 Missing line number in 'can only catch class objects' error message

Of course there are many other worthwhile patches, but I think these
ones are the most urgent.