[dmd-internals] License of dstress and LDC test suite [was: dmd commit, revision 534]

Christian Kamm kamm at incasoftware.de
Sun Jun 13 22:16:27 PDT 2010

On Monday 14 June 2010 01:00 Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Benjamin Shropshire, el 13 de junio a las 13:30 me escribiste:
> > Brad Roberts wrote:
> > >The problem with incorporating fixes from other sources is the same as
> > >for source code, the license they're under.  DStress has never made
> > >that clear, though it's intention is very clear.
> >
> > IIRC some big swaths of DStress are explicitly linked to bug
> > numbers. Either derived from code in the bug to written explicitly
> > to show a specific bug. I wonder if the author of DStress (is he
> > still around?) would, at a minimum, place /them/ under some
> > acceptable license (or even public domain).
>
> The original author was Thomas Kühne, I think now it's maintained by
> Christian Kamm (Cc'ed). Maybe he knows how to contact Thomas to ask him
> for details about the license. And I guess Christian could tell a little
> more about LDC's test suite too.

Hi all,

I've tried to contact Thomas before moving dstress to a public repository but
didn't get a reply. I had spoken to other people at the time, but no one
seemed to be able to get in contact with him.

Dstress' license.txt says GPL v2.

LDC's mini tests are currently under the same license as LDC itself: BSD.

Christian