[dmd-internals] dmd commit, revision 534

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Mon Jun 14 18:04:39 PDT 2010

Brad Roberts, el 14 de junio a las 10:16 me escribiste:
> On 6/14/2010 6:02 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> > Brad Roberts, el 13 de junio a las 17:23 me escribiste:

> >> Yes, many are either directly in bugzilla or linked from it.  Since dstress is
> >> gpl v2 (see other email on this thread)
> >
> > What issues do you find in using some test cases with GPL license in
> > a test suite?
> >

> I really don't want to have tests under various licenses.  It's overly
> confusing.

Confusing how? For test cases there are no issues as with the standard
library, which will be included in every (commercial) product compiled
with DMD and *must* have a rally permissive license.

You just need to be able to use and modify the tests, that's it. I think
it's a shame to discard a *lot* of good tests, with a license that is
more than sufficient for what is required just because, well, it's
"confusing". I can't even see where can it be any confusion, maybe
a little more maintenance work, but really, a simple line in each
file with License: BSD/GPL/Boost/whatever is enough. Write one, don't
care again ever! =)

If you decide not to include test with a license different from Boost
(or whatever you like), I hope it has a real good rationale behind and
is not just some allergy to GPL or some reflex from the traumatic Phobos
license change =P