[dmd-internals] dmd commit, revision 534

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 15 10:44:30 PDT 2010

On 15 June 2010 15:24, Leandro Lucarella <luca at llucax.com.ar> wrote:
> Brad Roberts, el 14 de junio a las 19:10 me escribiste:
>> All that said, there's a last reason that's not been discussed in this
>> thread yet which is redundancy between the suites.  It'd be stupid to just
>> squish them together and celebrate.  MANY of the tests are redundant.
>> Determining which are and which aren't.. sigh.
>
> Of course, I wasn't suggesting to just blindly drop dstress into the new
> DMD test directory. I think there even might be some incorrect test in
> dstress. But I was resuming a tedious work of selecting the test for the
> private test suite and extracting bugzilla tests anyways =)

A pretty large fraction of the still-failing dstress tests are
incorrect (primarily because there are a very large number of tests
which correspond to a single, invalid bugzilla bug)
I don't know the early history of DMD + dstress, but I suspect there
are very few tests which pass, which aren't already in the internal
test suite.
I think it'd be more useful to go through dstress and check that every
failing test has a corresponding open bugzilla bug.