[dmd-internals] Regression and ICE patches

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 20 03:02:13 PDT 2010

There are a huge number of regressions from 2.030 and later.
So far, only a couple have patches:
3983 Regression(2.037): struct with == can't be member of struct with
template opEquals
3569 DMD Stack Overflow with a struct member function inside a C-style
struct initializer

A couple of patches which I think are quite important:
4298 Constant array translated to unnecessary array literal creation
4303 __traits(compiles) returns wrong result when used recursively

And a couple of patches for compiler crashes:
4238 Segfault(statement.c): with(typeof(int))
4339 Struct destructor + invariant + struct parameter = horrific error message

---
Some other regressions are quite critical and I think fairly
difficult. We need patches for these:
3996 ICE Regression(2.041): Passing struct as AA template parameter
(Algebraic with struct)
4269 Regression(2.031): invalid type accepted if evaluated while
errors are gagged