[dmd-internals] dmd commit, revision 551

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 20 12:32:02 PDT 2010

On 6/20/2010 4:51 AM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
> On 20/06/10 11:22, dsource.org wrote:
>> dmd commit, revision 551
>>

>> user: braddr
>>
>> msg:
>> another group of tests
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/551
>
> Shouldn't these tests really be moved to a separate repository? dmd-test
> or something? That way other people can get access rights and it doesn't
> clutter up my RSS feed with commits I couldn't care less about... I
> subscribed to the dmd feed not the dmd test quite feed. While it's nice
> that there's now an official public test suite (long overdue I might
> add), I'd rather not have to spend my time reading through the commits
> for it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

I completely disagree (which is probably obvious because I put them where I did
on purpose).  The tests for the app belong with the app.

Once the tests are populated from the existing tests, the submits will have more
relevance because they'll be coupled with code changes.  Thus it'll actually be
even easier to tell what a code change is about.

Later,
Brad