[dmd-internals] changeset 455

Walter Bright walter at digitalmars.com
Sun May 2 13:23:55 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Since we've been looking into this now and we have a solution in our
> collective mental caches, is there please a chance to effect this
> change for this beta? I'm telling you, it is an _important_ step
> forward in unittesting D programs.

One thing I should mention is that dmd now calls a different function
for unittest asserts than the asserts normally do, and it does not
regard those calls as "terminating" calls. This means that the unittest
behavior can now be controlled by adjusting the runtime library, without
affecting the assert failure code.