[dmd-internals] runnable/interpret.d + -O == failure

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 06:49:28 PDT 2010

On Oct 21, 2010, at 4:32 AM, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Walter, this is one of the reasons I groaned when you told me you hadn't
> actually TESTED the change you made to the new test suite.  Shame shame shame on
> you.

That seems a little harsh. One of the benefits to continuous integration is that it frees you from having to run every test under the sun with every checkin. Sure, problems will get checked in, but they should be caught quickly. If only a small subset of checkins cause a failure and any failures are fixed quickly, then it should be considered ok to checkin with only basic testing.