[dmd-internals] dmd commit, revision 663

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 7 00:03:26 PDT 2010

On 9/6/2010 11:25 PM, dsource.org wrote:
> dmd commit, revision 663
>

> user: braddr
>
> msg:
> Changes to run on win32 under cygwin.
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/changeset/663

The test suite that is.. not the compiler, though that'd be a rather interesting
project all by itself. :)

So far, I've only tested the quick version on win32.  The time it takes to run
just that subset under windows/cygwin is embarassingly slow (3 minutes on linux
vs 18 minutes on windows -- not exactly the same hardware, but close enough).
I've been focused on 'get it runnable' and have deferred the speed issues.  But
18 minutes is unacceptably slow, imho.  I don't want to think about how long
it'd take to run every argument combination.

My plan at this point is to replace the makefile+do_test.sh with a c++ or d
executable.  I'm tempted to use D, but that introduces a bootstrapping concern
as well as a reliability concern.

I've enabled the dmd tests in the win32 auto-tester, so those results will start
showing up hourly now too.

Later,
Brad