[dmd-internals] dmd commit, revision 663

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Sep 7 12:11:14 PDT 2010

Brad Roberts wrote:
> My plan at this point is to replace the makefile+do_test.sh with a c++ or d
> executable.  I'm tempted to use D, but that introduces a bootstrapping concern
> as well as a reliability concern.

I'd also like to see the tests being run from a D program (hey, rdmd is
supposed to be used like a script language, so it should be up to the
task). The ddmd-project has started building the test suite with such a
tool recently, but I think it does not have make functionality yet.

> I've enabled the dmd tests in the win32 auto-tester, so those results will start
> showing up hourly now too.

That's already pretty cool to have. A few thoughts:

- I think the svn-revisions of the checkouts would be helpful
- to avoid too many identical builds, it should not rebuild if there are
no changes to the repositories.
- I'd like the most recent tests per platform to be separated a little
from the rest, so you can immediately see the current status.