[dmd-internals] next release

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 8 14:20:45 PDT 2010

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Jason House wrote:

> Replying on the list for which I'm subscribed...
>
> It'd be nice to have D2 Phobos compile (but not run) with Walter's 64
> bit dmd changes. I think he got D1 Phobos to do that. Since upcoming
> releases will have increasing support for 64 bit, this would be a good
> step in that direction.

While I agree it'd be a fun milestone, it's not one that's particularly
useful for anyone outside those willing to build from svn and help with
patches.. a rather small set of people that doesn't need a release.

Also, on that front, gotta get druntime building first. :)  I tried it the
other day to see what the state was and it needs a bit of work, mostly
replicating the core bits of what's been done already in phobos1.

Later,
Brad