[dmd-internals] math intrinsics

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Mon Apr 4 14:22:43 PDT 2011

On Apr 1, 2011, at 11:06 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:

> Any objection to moving the math intrinsics from phobos std/math.d to druntime core/math.d similar to the bitops?  I'll
> be happy to whip up the pull requests.

I don't know that I want stuff in druntime simply because it can be made intrinsic--that's largely a QOI issue for compilers.  If there's a solid justification for a core.math module, that's a different story.  One easy litmus test I use for what belongs in druntime is if druntime itself needs the module to implement some other functionality.  So far, I've seen little need for std-defined math functions in druntime.