[dmd-internals] What is the point of runnable/testdate.d?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Aug 14 12:45:44 PDT 2011

>From what I can tell, it's just testing std.date. I would have thought that
that's the sort of testing that you'd do in std.date, not dmd. And since
std.date has now been deprecated, it seems that that's breaking dmd's tests.

So, does these tests need to be rewritten for std.datetime, or should we just
get rid ouf them? I don't understand why the tests exist in the first place.
It's the sort of thing that I would have expected to see in std.date, not dmd.

- Jonathan M Davis