[dmd-internals] What is the point of runnable/testdate.d?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 14 13:14:44 PDT 2011

Changing tests is dangerous.  Without going back to the original code to make sure the original bug is still caught and
tested for by the moved code or the altered to be a even more reduced test case, there's a real risk of a reduction in
the quality of the test suite.  I'd personally LOVE it if not a single phobos import existed in any of the dmd test
suite.  Possibly even true for druntime imports in the dmd test suite.  However, it's not clear that the benefits
justify the risk.