[dmd-internals] Building Phobos and druntime as a dylib on Mac OS X

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Fri Dec 2 13:26:42 PST 2011

On 12/2/11 9:51 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> I don't remember what the problems were, but there were definitly problems
> with using llvm on lion when Sean first upgraded the box the tester runs
> on so we switched it back to gcc.  At some point, someone will have to
> take the plunge and figure out what the issue(s) was(were).

One of the issues was this, where the DMD malloc implementation didn't
align memory correctly:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/301.

Even with the fix in, there were some other random bugs/oddities though,
which I didn't even attempt to track down before switching back (if I
remember correctly).

David