[dmd-internals] Clearing out the patches

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 5 12:22:36 PST 2011

I have been working through the DMD patches in Bugzilla, and adding them to
https://github.com/donc/dmd
These are *complete* fixes, including test cases, and D1 version (in
the dmd-1.x branch) where relevant.
Hopefully future git-based patches won't get stale as easily as the
svn-based ones.

I have reserved these branches for patches which I have high
confidence about. I will keep them closely merged to the official dmd.
There are about fifteen in there at the moment. (Which is the majority
of them -- there aren't many more patches in Bugzilla that are easy to
evaluate).
I'll use a separate branches for the more difficult patches.

The list of bugs that it are in there right now:

D2 only
1899 AA of fixed-length arrays fails to initialize
4732 __traits(identifier) performs constant folding on symbols
4913 Implicit opCast!bool in if statement doesn't work with declarator
5248 CTFE Segfault when calling a function on an enum struct
5504 Regression(2.051): Template member functions of a shared class
don't compile

Both D1 + D2.
1914 Array initialisation from const array yields memory trample
3198 wrong initializer for structs arrays
4245 Declaring conflicting symbols in single function scope allowed
4389 ICE(constfold.c, expression.c), or wrong code: string~=dchar in CTFE
4878 Ddoc: Default arguments can break Ddoc output
5105 Member function template cannot be synchronized
5221 entity.c: Merge Walter's list with Thomas'
ALSO: Support HTML5 entities
5391 Crash with recursive alias declaration
5349 ICE(toir.c): nested class in static member function

Walter -- I recommend you do:
git remote add donc git at github.com:donc/dmd.git
so that you can easily fetch my changes in the future.

I believe the workflow can then be:
(1) git fetch donc;
(2) check the patches for correctness;
(3) git merge donc/master;  and in dmd-1.x : git merge donc/dmd-1.x
(4) run the test suite ONCE for D2, and once for D1, regardless of how
many bugs are included
(5) add the bugs to the changelog, then push.