[dmd-internals] DMD Build Process + Ubuntu

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 13:06:44 PST 2011

Error message I receive doing a make -flinux.mak on a Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit
installation:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++

This happens whether I build DMD as a 32- or 64-bit binary.  I know I
managed to fix this somehow previously, probably by changing the makefile to
point to a specific libstdc++.  However, I'm sure I have libstdc++ installed
via Ubuntu's package manager (the default, not sure of the details), and the
build process really needs to "just work" on standard installs of popular
distros.

--David Simcha