[dmd-internals] Deprecation warnings and a trivial man page patch

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Wed Jul 13 13:39:12 PDT 2011

Michel Fortin, el 13 de julio a las 15:54 me escribiste:
> Le 2011-07-13 à 13:00, Leandro Lucarella a écrit :
>
> > OK, I download and compiled druntime with all -d, -di and none and
> > couldn't reproduce this problem.
>
> Today I rebased yesterday's changes on the latest master instead of the yesterday's master, then I updated druntime to the latest master too, then all went well, compiling druntime, phobos and the dmd test suite.
>
> I'm not sure what went wrong yesterday. I'm pretty sure I did test both with and without your patch to make sure the master wasn't the problem, but perhaps I just did that wrong.
>
> > [...]
> > Attached is the updated patch. If you can try it, it would be appreciated, and
> > if it's still failing, I would appreciate if you can give me detailed steps to
> > reproduce it.
>
> This new patch seems to work fine too.
>
> Here is a new pull request:
> <https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/248>

Thanks! Here are a couple new patches that tidy up things a little
further. In the way, I noticed there were some features what were
reported as deprecated, but were really plain errors, since they were
issued when this condition is met: 1 || !global.params.useDeprecated,
i.e. always :)

In this patch I thread that as plain errors (and change "deprecated"
with "no longer legal", as it says with other removed features). If we
really want a deprecation message there, is trivial to do so (change
error() with deprecation()).

If you can include this one too, it would be awesome! =)

Thanks!

El otro día tenía un plan
Pero después me olvidé y me comí un flan