[dmd-internals] generating pull requests for DMD

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Jun 6 20:35:08 PDT 2011

On 5/31/11 10:02 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> […] or make DMD=dmd if you want your path to do all the
> heavy lifting.
>
> Where's the problem?

For me, the problem actually was that specifying DMD=dmd does *not* work
because it breaks the wildcard rules, as $(DMD) is specified in the
dependency list there. It took me quite some time to realize that, as
make only prints the following in that case:

make: *** No rule to make target `test_results/runnable/A16.d.out',
needed by `run_runnable_tests'.  Stop.

Is having the DMD binary in the dependency list really necessary, or
could it just be removed? In case it really is for whatever reason, some
documentation for that would be nice – apart from that, adding a short
test/README might be generally helpful as well.

David