[dmd-internals] generating pull requests for DMD

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Tue Jun 7 05:24:44 PDT 2011

On 6/7/11 5:59 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> It's not 100% necessary, but it's darned handy to not have to remember to make clean after changing dmd.  I'll take a
> look to see if I can figure out why the DMD=dmd case fails.

Oh, of course – I am so used to thinking of the compiler as an external
tool that I forget to consider that. Still, a fix for DMD=dmd would be
great.

I am by no means a Make expert, but I'd guess that the following happens
with DMD=dmd: On searching for a rule to build the output files, it
recognizes the wildcard rules, but doesn't consider them because they
depend on a file »dmd« in the current directory, which can't be satisfied.

David