[dmd-internals] imports in functions

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jun 22 00:18:52 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-21 22:56, Walter Bright wrote:
> > Actually, this incredibly simple case fails:
> >
> > void func()
> > {
> >
> >      import std.regexp;
> >
> > }
> >
> > void main()
> > {
> >
> >      func();
> >
> > }
> >
> > And I don't know how it could get any simpler than that, so that implies
> > to me that the feature never actually made it in, but I don't know. But
> > I _am_ using the latest HEAD from git, and the autotester is definitely
> > failing because of the import in std.file. So, I don't know what's going
> > on with this feature.

Okay. I think I figured out what happened. Somehow-or-other, I'd screwed up my
dmd install, and it was pointing at an old binary. The autotester was failing,
and I probably made the incorrect assumption that it was for the same reason
that it was failing on my box. I fixed my dmd install, and now it works. Sorry
for the noise.

- Jonathan M Davis