[dmd-internals] Has anyone other than Brad succeeded in building the d_do_test tool on Windows?

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 00:52:27 PST 2011

I never have. Typical results:

$ gnumake -I c:/sandbox/druntime/import
Building d_do_test tool
object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
Specify path to file 'object.d' with -I switch
gnumake: *** [test_results/d_do_test] Error 1

 On my system, the command to compile foo.d with dmd, is "dmd foo.d".
It really takes creativity to get a failure like the one above.
Why on earth does the makefile have hard coded paths all through it?
It seems to assume a hardcoded relationship between all of the source
directories.
Any use of ".." is suspect.
This is the ONE AND ONLY D program that I have never been able to compile.
I suspect Walter has never been able to get it to work, either.