[dmd-internals] open dmd pull requests, oldest Feb 6, 2011

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 5 20:04:52 PST 2011

Walter, as gatekeeper to dmd, this is primarily addressed to you.  A major portion of engaging with a community of
developers is being responsive to their desires to help out.  One of the primary reasons we switched to github was
exactly to better engage with the community.  I really think taking more than a week to respond to a pull request is
excessive.  Over a month, rather rude.  It's certainly not encouraging anyone to continue to invest their time.

So, would you take some time this weekend to catch up?  If there's something that you'd like either Don or I to do with
them, speak up.  I'm willing to invest a bit of time if it'd help get the change merged in a more timely manner.

Here's the open pull requests for dmd:

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3  Feb 6, 2011
    const(Object) ref

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5  Feb 9, 2011
    Issue 4360 - Allow intrinsics in core.bitop to operate as intrinsics

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/6  Feb 13, 2011
    Issue 4833 - map file location obeys -od/-of flags

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/7  Feb 13, 2011
    Remove old druntime interface

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/10 Feb 20, 2011
    Clarify tuple length error message

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/11 Feb 26, 2011
    Issue 3541 - Add -oq to dmd (use fully qualified module name as object filename)

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/12 Mar 3, 2011
    Bug fixes I threw patches in the past
    (NOTE: looks like at least part of this one needs to be delayed.  Thanks for reviewing it Don!)

If you don't think that the code is ready to be pulled, at a minimum, a comment needs to be added about what needs to be
done.

Thanks,
Brad