[dmd-internals] generating pull requests for DMD

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun May 29 16:33:00 PDT 2011

Le 2011-05-29 à 16:24, David Nadlinger a écrit :

> On 5/29/11 8:57 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> * Running "make", results in that dmd can't find druntime or phobos. I actually don't know how this is supposed to work with the different repositories. There isn't a dmd.conf file in the repository?
>
> Same here, on OS X 10.6. If I set the DMD variable to my system installation (which has a dmd.conf), I get:
>
> ---
> Running runnable tests
> make --no-print-directory run_runnable_tests
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `test_results/runnable/A16.d.out', needed by `run_runnable_tests'.  Stop.
> ---
>
> The problem is probably easily solvable, but I didn't have time to look into it yet.

I think the root of the problem is that it's not easy to setup things so that DMD, druntime, Phobos, and DMD's test suite are compiled together.

For my own use, I made an Xcode project that does all that (with some scripting that invokes the makefiles), but it took me some time to setup things. Perhaps what we need is a repository which would contain all those repositories (linked as submodules) along with the necessary code to make everything build. That way you can just clone that integration repository and compile everything in one go (and run all the tests) with no hassle. Perhaps I should create one...

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/