[dmd-internals] generating pull requests for DMD

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Mon May 30 17:53:00 PDT 2011

I still have absolutely no idea why you've set up the tester in such a
complicated way with all these hard-coded paths -- and it doesn't
actually work if you also develop the D1 compiler.
If you simply copy the build result (dmd.exe, or phobos.lib) into the
correct place in your dmd directory, you can just run 'dmd', no need
to mess with all this nonsense about putting your dmd.conf into the
git directory, which does not work if you also test  D1.  In fact,
sticking *anything* in any of the git directories won't work.
Doing it the way you've done it, is pretty useless for anything except
running the test suite.