[dmd-internals] What is the necessary to increase speed of merging?

kenji hara k.hara.pg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:04:41 PST 2011

I basically *always* run test suites (dmd, druntime, and Phobos) with
my patch first in my local PC (Windows), and then post it as a pull
request.
But, unfortunately, to maintain this process is much difficult than a year ago.

I think there are three levels in my pulls .
Level 1. many trivial patches
   Type decoding bug, AST processing bug, ... (almost of them are
front-end issues)
Level 2. some bigger pulls
   relax opAssign signature, rvalue-struct-literal, object not const
correct, opDispatch and IFTI bug, auto return function with
contracts...
Level 3. few enhancements
   Multiple var declaration, typeof(null)

I believe that the level 1 pulls should merged as soon as possible.

Kenji Hara