[dmd-internals] What is the necessary to increase speed of merging?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Nov 11 21:42:04 PST 2011

On Saturday, November 12, 2011 07:38:01 Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 06:58:16 +0200, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Git in general doesn't have a way to unpull AFAIK, which would make it
> > rather hard for github to do it.
>
> What about reverting the merge commit?
>
> git revert -m 1 <merge-commit-SHA1>

That might work. I don't know. I haven't looked at that particular option of
revert before, and looking at the man page for git-revert, it looks like it
might have some nasty side effects to your ability to merge in the changes
after they've been fixed. But that does look like it might be a way to revert
the merge if used correctly.

- Jonathan M Davis