[dmd-internals] Type mangling for deduced attributes

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Nov 16 22:51:24 PST 2011

On 16.11.2011 15:35, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> Take this argument with a grain of salt, I have very little internal
> dmd knowledge.  But...
>
> Isn't deduction of pure/nothrow/safe restricted to templates?  Don't
> templates *require* availability of source?
>
> Just saying...
>
> -Steve

I think it would be an unexpected restricton to limit pure/nothrow/safe
inference to templates. But if it is not, using di files instead of d
files will break code because inference very much depends on whether the
di-file generation emitted the code or not. Adding inferred attributes
to  the function declarations could help but it currently changes the
name mangling, breaking it again.