[dmd-internals] To consume pull requests for trivial bugs

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Aug 20 14:09:00 PDT 2012

On 20 Aug 2012, at 22:40, Jason House wrote:
> I'm not particularly familiar with Linux kernel development, but my
> understanding is that smaller commits are aggregated by select
> helpers, and then the larger changsets are merged by the BDFL.  Maybe
> something similar would work for DMD?

The problem is to attract enough contributors so that at some point a
sufficiently large number of them become "core contributors" who are
familiar enough with an area of the codebase to review patches.

Of course, this is unlikely to happen as long as everyone is discouraged
after the first few pull request by a queue of 100 open pull request,
and so we are back at the start again. ;)

David